- (LEFT) Self Portrait, Oil on canvas.
Vincent Michael Brown (born 3 December 1971) is an English artist best known for his humorous portraits such as the 'Supper at Aardman' portrait commission of the principal directors of Bristol based Aardman Animations.
Vincent began painting at a very early age and was already exhibiting and receiving awards and acclaim for his work by the age of eleven.
As well as publishing artwork - Vincent has also published music, poetry and even a puzzle game.
His paintings have won many awards and been selected some of the most prestigious exhibitons in the country. He is a regular exhibitor at the National Portrait Gallery and the Royal Society of Portrait Painters and was honoured by being the invited artist for the annual exhibition in 2007.
Vincent gains inspiration from the entire history of art/portraiture and often experiments to push the boundaries of the concept of portraiture itself.
- (ABOVE) LEFT TO RIGHT: David Sproxton CBE, Peter Lord CBE, Vincent Brown and Nick Park CBE, at the unveiling of the 'Supper at Aardman' painting.
Vincent works from a studio located in the grounds of his house in Warmley, Bristol (near Oldland), where he lives with his Wife and two children.
...beautiful and tender painting which showed great insight into the character of the sitters.
- Sir Peter Blake RA.
...unsparing exactitude and great technical competence.
- Rachel Campbell-Johnston, Art Critic, The Times.
...looking at the figures in the painting you feel as if you are looking at a real life story.
- Bel Mooney, Author.
...his portraits display a sensitivity to character and luminance that hold the attention well beyond the frame of the canvas.
- Simon Webb, Art Critic, Metro.
- Vincent and his wife with his painting at the BP PORTRAIT AWARDS opening ceremony.
For forthcomming exhibitions or further information please contact using the spam avoiding form on this site.
SELECTION OF EXHIBITIONS.
- The BP Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, London.
- The Hunting Art Prizes. The Royal College of Art, London.
- The Royal Society of portrait Painters, London.
- The Royal Society of British Artists, London.
- The Holburne Portrait Prize, Holburne Museum.
- Sunday Times Watercolour Awards, Mall Galleries, London.
- Royal West of England Academy of Art.
- Cork Street Open, Cork Street, London.
- The Big Draw 'SELF', Chapel Row Gallery.
- Mystery Portrait Gala, National Portrait Gallery, London.
- The Bath Society of Artists, Victoria Museum.
- Expressions, Center Space (SOLO)
- Vincent being presented with the winners prize by Sir Peter Blake RA for the Holburne Portrait Prize.
SELECTION OF AWARDS.
- Best Painting Award, Royal West of England Academy of Art (RWA). WINNER
- Holburne Portrait Prize. (WINNER)
- Artist of the year 2012, Artist and Illustrators Magazine. (Shortlisted)
- Excellence in Watercolour (Twice), RWA. WINNER
- Peoples Choice Award ,Victoria Museum. WINNER
- Works on Paper Award ,Bath Society of Artists. WINNER